There are several upcoming Ethereum based crowdfundings – starting with Digix, the Physical Gold <> Blockchain Token provider. Learn how to invest in Contract Based Crowdfunds!
There are 2 more-or-less convenient ways to join and participate.
I’ll start with the newbie friendliest way, and list the Pros and Cons.
- Visit MyEtherWallet.com
- Enter a Password and click “Generate”
- IMPORTANT: Download the Wallet File and store it on your PC and USB
- Invest via https://www.myetherwallet.com/digix.html
Note: MyEtherWallet does not support Tokens (yet) – you will be able to receive crowdfund Tokens to your Ether Address, but you won’t be able to use them right away. If you don’t mind and you just want an easy way to HODL this is the way for you.
MyEtherWallet is fully compatible with Mist Client (official Wallet) in case you want to use the tokens prior to MEW’s development.
Let me know in the comment section below if you need help
Tip: I’d use MyEtherWallet for small investments, and would wait for them to add Tokens or use a Light Wallet once released.
- Super easy to setup
- does not support tokens yet
- 3rd party website
- early adopters have to download the full client anyways
Mist (the official Wallet) (Technical)
- Download latest Mist Version (Click Here)
- Start the Wallet and let it sync for some hours (currently 11.4 GB)
- Back-Up your Wallet
- All Features
- Desktop Only
- Full node / takes a lot of time to sync
Invest (example: sale.digix.io)
Online via Mist & MyEtherWallet
- Visit the Sales Page (Click Here for Digix)
- Copy Ether Address
- Send Ether from your Mist Wallet or MyEtherWallet (Need Ether? Buy Here)
that’s it, your address is now recorded and you are going to receive Tokens at the end of the crowdsale
Contract via Mist Client
- Click “Contracts”
- + Watch Contract
Crowdsale Contract Adr: 0xf0160428a8552ac9bb7e050d90eeade4ddd52843
JSON Interface (Click Here)
3. Click ok
4. Click on “DIGIXDAO CROWDSALE”
you can now click “Deposit Ether” to invest.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE AN EXCHANGE TO INVEST IN. ALWAYS SEND ETHER TO YOUR MIST/MYETHERWALLET FIRST.
Featured Image: Pixabay
Need help? Let me know in the comments below!