What can you do with an Ethereum ID Service and IPFS?
I am browsing my IPFS website by calling the linked IPFS hash via my EtherID… make sense?
Let me break it down.
How to do this:
- Get Mist Browser Edition
- Browse to EtherID.org and register an ID with the Ethereum Blockchain
- Get IPFS Up (Windows Instructions)
- Upload your html file to IPFS (Windows – CMD Prompt: ipfs add file.html)
- Copy & Paste the Hash (the big string you see after uploading to IPFS eg. Qmats5wPGJKnaMTjfVVfASv8YK2un5YbvGp1Yxhtmp8sBT)
- Head back to your EtherID
- Click “Add New ID”
- ID: ipfs – ID Value: paste the hash
Now you can call your HTML by entering http//etherid.org/ipfs?yourid (explained in detail on GitHub)
Note: Both GETH (Ethereum Node) AND IPFS must be running.
Got any questions or feedback? Let me know in the comment section below!